Self delusion is my optimism

Sunday, August 13, 2006

They say time heals all, but without you by my side, time stands still



- Unknown

You don't know

You can't see

What really goes on

Inside of me

My eyes shield

How I feel inside

You don't know

How much I've cried

My mouth restricts

What I'd really say

And make you think

I'm perfectly okay

I know you tried

You mean well

But I have things

I'd never tell

To truly laugh

To really smile

Is something I haven't

Done in a while

You'll never know

How I really feel

I don't know how long

It will take to heal.

Just know that

I still love you

After everything

That I've been through.

You'll never see

Inside my mind

I'm protecting you

From what you'd find.

I protect you because

I love you so.

This is my pain

You'll never know.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home